Webinar on DFG Funding Opportunities for International Cooperation and International Action
A virtual event for researchers in Germany to learn about international cooperation projects offered by the DFG.
The Group for International Cooperation of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG – German Research Foundation) organises a virtual webinar on DFG Funding Opportunities for International Cooperation and International Action on 14 November 2023. The event is aimed at researchers eligible for DFG funding, employees of coordination offices and other interested parties at German institutions of higher education (Hochschulen) and research institutes.
The DFG promotes international cooperation in all of its funding programmes. In order to enable cross-border research cooperation, it maintains relationships with a large number of foreign partner organisations and, as a politically independent funding organisation, plays a strategic role in international research policy.
The aim of the webinar is to provide information on funding opportunities for research projects to be carried out in collaboration with international partners, as well as on the DFG’s work in an international context. The event has a modular structure to suit individual interests, as follows:
- Basics presentation: DFG’s international activities and suitable funding opportunities for international cooperation.
- Regional and thematic presentations: DFG regional teams, regional funding programmes and current priorities.
- Breakout rooms: direct exchange with regional teams and opportunity to ask questions.
- 9:00-9:30: Basics presentation – International Cooperation of the DFG.
- 9:30-10:00: Asia/Pacific region.
- 10:00-10:30: Europe/CIS region.
- 11:00-11:30: Africa/Middle East region.
- 11:30-12:00: DFG Initiative – Supporting the Internationalisation of Research at Universities of Applied Sciences (HAW) (UDIF-HAW).
- 12:45-13:15: Latin America region.
- 13:15-13:45: North America region.
- 14:00-15:00: Opportunity for direct exchange with regional teams in breakout rooms.
The event takes place via Webex video conferencing tool in German.
In order to attend the webinar on 14 November 2023 (9:00-15:00 CET), interested parties must register in advance.
(This report was the subject of a RESEARCHconnect Newsflash.)