UKRI/British Academy Launch Call for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Caucus

Funding available to lead on providing high quality research evidence on equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) that informs policy and practice in the research and innovation system.

UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the British Academy jointly invite applications for an interdisciplinary team to establish and lead an equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) caucus.

The caucus, which is made up of practitioners and researchers from a broad range of disciplines and sectors, will be responsible for providing high quality research evidence on EDI that informs policy and practice in the research and innovation system.

The objectives of the EDI caucus are as follows:

  • Provide insights from research evidence on EDI that informs and shapes the work of the funders, and the broader research and innovation sector
  • Address priority evidence gaps by commissioning and undertaking new research and by supporting UKRI and the British Academy in testing and evaluating new EDI-related initiatives
  • Promote, coordinate and facilitate interdisciplinary approaches to research on EDI.

The leadership team will be expected to establish the caucus by recruiting an interdisciplinary network of practitioners and researchers on EDI and delivering a programme of work following an initial three-month co-design phase with UKRI and the British Academy.

Principal investigators must be based at a UK institution eligible for UKRI funding. The organisation will be responsible for submitting the grant application to UKRI.

Up to £3,650,000 (80% full economic cost) for up to three years will be available. The applicant’s organisation must agree to fund the remaining 20% of the activity’s full economic cost (up to a total of £4,562,500 full economic costs).

Applications must be submitted online via the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S) by the deadline of 8 September 2022 (4pm UK time).

(This report was the subject of a RESEARCHconnect Newsflash.)