Transport Decarbonisation Demonstrators Competition
Closing Date: 08/01/2024
UK registered businesses and partners can apply for grants to work with Local Authorities to develop place-based solutions to transport decarbonisation.
This competition is delivered by Innovate UK (IUK) on behalf of the Department for Transport (DfT).
The aim of the competition is to support innovative R&D solutions that can demonstrate the potential to:
- Reduce transport carbon emissions in local areas.
- Facilitate collaboration between Local Authorities (LA) and businesses.
The funding is intended to support proposals that:
- Detail the potential to reduce carbon and other harmful emissions from the existing local transport network.
- Demonstrate a place-based approach, aligning with the needs and attributes of the selected demonstration area.
- Identify the Local Authority’s capacity to support and engage in the project, showcasing alignment with local strategies such as the Local Transport Plan (LTP) or Net Zero strategy, with evidence of senior leadership support.