Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World Call Now Open
This third humanities and social sciences joint research call opened to applications today.
The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) is a collaboration between select humanities and social science funders in Europe and the Americas. The Platform aims to enhance transnational research collaboration and has identified, with the help of the social sciences and humanities research communities, a series of common challenges and strategic priority areas where such collaboration will bring added value.
This call aims to address key gaps in understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium and long-term societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This understanding, in turn, should advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic and support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) research proposals that address one or more of the following five challenges:
- Reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities.
- Building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society.
- Fostering democratic governance and political participation.
- Advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation.
- Ensuring effective and accurate communication and media.
Each project should have a duration ranging between 24 and 36 months.
Calls are open to international projects that consist of teams of at least three eligible Principal Investigators (PIs) from at least three of the participating countries and must include partners from both sides of the Atlantic. Researchers can only participate in one application as PI.
The call is supported by the following funding organisations and countries:
- Academy of Finland
- Croatian Science Foundation
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (Colombia)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)/ DLR-PT Project Management Agency (Germany)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (Canada)
- French National Research Agency (ANR)
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)
- National Research Foundation (South Africa)
- National Science Centre (Poland)
- São Paulo Research Foundation (Brazil)
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (Canada)
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- The German Research Foundation (DFG)
- UK Research and Innovation – Arts and Humanities Research Council
- UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council
- National Science Foundation (United States of America)
Eligibility varies between countries and potential applicants are strongly encouraged to check national rules and contact their relevant funding organisation prior to submitting an application. Funding for proposals is provided by respective national/regional funding organisations.
This call comprises a two stage application process with a mandatory Intention to Submit, followed by an invitation for full proposals. Applications must be in English and submitted online by the lead PI.
The Compulsory Intention to submit form deadline is 14 June 2021.