Special Ukraine AUF Plan
Closing Date: 13/09/2022
Funding is available to students, researchers, teachers and executives at AUF institutions across Europe in aid of Ukraine.
The Francophone University Agency (l’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie – AUF) is composed of more than 900 universities, university networks and scientific research centres that use French in more than 100 countries. It promotes scientific excellence, innovation, best practices and collaborative projects between francophone higher education establishments and research institutes.
AUF has launched a special call to assist Ukrainian AUF students, researchers, teachers and senior executives. The funding will support them in their relocation to and integration and development within an AUF member institution outside of Ukraine. The following types of aid are currently offered:
- Integration support for Ukrainian student refugees or international students affiliated with UAF member institutions. This includes initial training, professional, linguistic and educational courses, help finding accommodation, professional development and psychological support.
- Reintegration support for Ukrainian refugees on a university course offered by L’Établissement Spécialisé de la Francophonie pour L’Administration et le Management (ESFAM – Specialised Establishment of the Francophonie for Administration and Management) in Sofia, Bulgaria. This includes welcoming refugee students from Ukrainian universities or graduates retraining on a Masters course at ESFAM, providing funding and housing for Masters courses at ESFAM and offering distance learning.
- Reintegration support for Ukrainian student refugees or immigrants at AUF member institutions in Ukraine by the Bureau National de l’AUF in the Republic of Moldova. This includes help finding housing, support in registering with a Moldovan AUF institution, help translating identity documents and offering access to online learning tools.
- Housing support for refugee students from Ukraine in the Maison des étudiants de la Francophonie at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris (CIuP – City of Paris International University) in France. This includes being prioritised for housing requests and financial support on 30 studio apartments.
- Support for degree courses available internationally through the Formation Ouvertes et à Distance (FOAD) scheme. This includes providing bursaries for FOAD courses.
- Support for the relocation of Ukrainian research teams. This includes providing access to research equipment and research data, registering doctoral students on an appropriate PhD programme and providing housing and access to the university canteen for researchers and their families.
- Organisation of travel for training and research development primarily in volunteering neighbouring countries. This includes French language development and research development training.
- Support for member institutions of the AUF who are accepting refugees from Ukrainian institutions. This includes setting up and developing distance learning programmes, using modern technology and increasing human and logistical support.
- Free support for the organisation and management of online training courses to ensure the continuation of studies. This includes technological help with setting up and developing distance learning programmes such as Moodle.
- Support for AUF member institutions who will help refugees integrate into the local community and adapt to the Romanian teaching system. This includes supporting the establishment of an information programme and of short training courses at Romanian universities regarding social inclusion and producing a communications campaign in universities in partnership with AUF and local institutions
|L’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF – Francophone University Agency)
|Fund or call