Pre-Announcement Call for No.10 Data Science Fellowships 2021
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and Administrative Data Research UK (ADR UK) have launched a pre-call announcement for the opportunity to spend a year collaborating with 10 Downing Street’s data science team (10DS) and the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Successful applicants will:
- Co-design research and produce analysis using new and existing linked administrative datasets to inform policy in priority policy areas
- Champion data science across central government and support wider knowledge exchange with researchers on effective policy collaboration and data analysis.
The datasets will be accessed through the ONS’ Secure Research Service.
This opportunity will be open to applicants with a PhD or equivalent experience and relevant quantitative analytical expertise and will be of particular interest for early to mid-career academics. Experience of working in a policy and knowledge exchange context will be beneficial but not essential.
ESRC/ADR UK will fund 80% of the full economic cost of the fellowship. Funding will last up to 18 months to cover:
- Inception phase for project set up, three months
- Placement with 10DS, 12 months
- Impact phase, up to three months.
Up to four fellowships are available on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Fellows will be required to spend two days per month (pro rata) at the 10DS offices in London.
The call is scheduled to open in early April, with a deadline for applications in early June.