Observatoire de l’Emploi à Domicile Thesis Prize
Closing Date: 02/10/2023
A prize is available to reward a French-language doctoral thesis in the humanities and social sciences on the subject of domestic work.
The Fédération des particuliers employeurs de France (Fepem – French Federation of Private Employers) is the representative socioprofessional organisation for private employers in France. The Federation represents individuals who employ domestic workers in their homes. Within Fepem, the Observatoire de l’emploi à domicile (Observatory of Domestic Employment) undertakes studies, conducts research and produces statistics to better understand the domestic employment sector. The research of the Observatoire is focused on private employers, domestic employees and childminders.
To support and encourage the development of university research into domestic employment, the Observatoire offers a thesis prize to recognise doctoral research conducted in the fields of law or the humanities and social sciences that focuses on one of the following themes:
- Domestic work relations between private employers and their employees.
- Employment and work conditions of domestic workers and childminders.
- Individual childcare methods for young children (childminders, simple and shared home childcare).
- Professional relations and social dialogue in the private employer and domestic work sector.
- Constructing the law within the home.
- Domestic support for old or disabled private employers.
- Emergence of new domestic occupations.
|Funding body||Fédération des particuliers employeurs de France (Fepem – French Federation of Private Employers)|
|Category||Economic and Social Research|
|Fund or call||Fund|