Novartis Digital Health Award Now Open to Applications
The €60,000 prize fund will open to applications from 1 October.
As part of its corporate responsibility and social engagement for better access to healthcare around the world, Novartis Pharma GmbH in collaboration with Hexal AG presents the Digital Health Award (Digitalen Gesundheitspreis – DGP).
The award is designed to honour innovative and sustainable digital solutions to improve healthcare, while also offering a platform for constructive exchange about digital healthcare in Germany.
For the 2022 call, submissions are sought particularly for projects addressing the following trending topics:
- Digital care applications: How can new digital care applications 2022 support people in need of care and relieve relatives?
- Networking clinical processes: where can digital solutions improve communication between specialist staff?
- Digital medical technology: where do we stand, where do we want to be? What is already possible today through digitisation?
In 2022, there will also be a special category award. The special category award will be dedicated to the topic ‘Inclusion through Digitalisation’. The award is designed to promote digital technologies that may help citizens with disabilities to live independently with the help of digital technologies.
Eligible to apply are organisations in Germany which have been established at least six months prior to the application date. This includes but is not limited to the following types of organisations:
- Research institutions.
- Public hospitals.
- Commercial businesses.
- Health insurance companies.
- Health insurance fund associations (Kassenverbände).
The award sum of €50,000 is divided among three winning entries as follows:
- €25,000 for first place.
- €15,000 for second place.
- €10,000 for third place.
The special category award comprises a cash prize of €10,000.
Entries for the 2022 award are accepted from 1 October until 30 November 2021.
(This report was the subject of a RESEARCHconnect Newsflash.)