Lullaby Trust Grants
Closing Date: 06/12/2023
Grants for researchers in the UK to address Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) through assessing the effectiveness of safe sleep/risk reduction campaigns, understanding the risk of sharing any sleep surface, refining messages to health professionals and understanding differences in sudden infant mortality rates among different ethnicities.
Established in 1971, the Lullaby Trust is a UK charity that seeks to reduce the number of babies and toddlers dying from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and support bereaved families.
The Lullaby Trust funds projects that address the key areas of priority identified from its research strategy:
- Develop new ways to make safe sleep campaigns more effective.
- Understand to what extent social and cultural factors affect parental choice in sleep practices and responses to risk reduction campaigns.
- Better understand the risk of sharing any sleep surface with an infant, notably how it interacts with other factors to make it more or less risky.
- Refine how messages are received by health professionals so that they act appropriately to reduce risk of Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI).
- Understanding differences in sudden infant mortality rates among different ethnicities.
It is advised that the Trust’s research strategy is reviewed by applicants before completing their funding proposal.
|Funding body||Lullaby Trust|
|Fund or call||Fund|