€100,000 awards available to members of a FEBS Constituent Society to support equipment and consumable costs for research projects in the biomolecular life sciences.
The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) Excellence Award provides funding for equipment and consumables for early-career research group leaders who are conducting research projects in the biomolecular life sciences. The awards are a maximum of €100,000 over three years to support research group leaders employed at institutions in countries with a FEBS Constituent Society who have secured project funding from their institution or other source and require assistance for equipment and consumables costs.
Eligible applicants should:
- Have obtained their PhD degree within the past six years (taking into account career breaks)
- Be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society
- Be based at a host institution in a country with a FEBS Constituent Society
- Be employed in a salaried capacity as a group leader at the host institution for at least one year prior to application
- Have project funding secured for the three year duration of the proposed project
Only one grant is available per institution, per call. Institutions may host more than one researcher in receipt of an Excellence Award, however only one award may be granted to an institution per application round.
Applications for the inaugural FEBS Excellence Awards should be submitted by the deadline on 1 September 2021 5pm CET).