GMA Medical Education Awards Now Open for 2024
Annual awards worth up to €2,000 for outstanding educational and training initiatives in medical fields from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Gesellschaft für Medizinische Ausbildung (GMA – German Association for Medical Education) promotes interdisciplinary excellence in medical education in Germany. The association supports the commitment of students, scientists and medical professionals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland via the following annual prizes:
- GMA Project Award (GMA-Projektpreis): The award honours innovative education projects in the areas of curriculum planning/organisation, examinations and faculty development.
- GMA Medical Student Award (GMA-Nachwuchspreis Studierende): The prize aims to promote and reward students who have contributed greatly to the improvement of teaching and/or continuing education in medical fields.
- GMA Young Teacher Award (GMA-Nachwuchspreis Lehrende): The award supports the increasing commitment of young teachers for improving medical education and training.
The following requirements apply:
- GMA Project Award: Eligible to apply are groups of teachers, scientists and/or students (up to 5 persons) whose educational project has been developed in medical fields (ie human medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine and health sciences).
- GMA Medical Student Award: Students of human medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health sciences or other health professions are eligible to apply. Candidates must have completed their studies within one year of the application deadline.
- GMA Young Teacher Award: Eligible are young teachers in human medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health sciences or other health professions as well as employees working in the medical field. Candidates must be below the age of 35.
The awards have the following monetary values:
- GMA Project Award: The award is endowed with €1,500, plus travel allowance of up to €500 to the annual GMA conference. Multiple awards may be made.
- GMA Medical Student Award and GMA Young Teacher Award: €1,000, plus travel allowance of up to €200 to the annual GMA conference. If there are more than one awardee, the prize money will be divided equally among them.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 31 January 2024.
(This report was the subject of a RESEARCHconnect Newsflash.)