EPSRC to Host Engineering Net Zero Week from 20 to 24 June
The week will celebrate research being undertaken to achieve net zero ambitions.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is inviting applicants to attend and/or host a stand at an engineering net zero week from 20 to 24 June. The free-to-attend event will showcase EPSRC-funded research that address the challenges linked to meeting 2050 net zero strategic targets.
The week’s activities will be focussed on four thematic areas:
- Towards net zero energy.
- Solutions for a greener industry and urbanisation.
- Our green future.
- Delivering zero emissions transport and mobility solutions.
The event will take place online and at the Advanced Research Centre, University of Glasgow. The event will be an opportunity to:
- Bring researchers, industry leaders and policy makers together to reflect on and raise awareness of the EPSRC investments made in this area.
- Continue the conversations that took place at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26).
- Highlight how the EPSRC’s activities link to the sustainable development goals.
- Demonstrate the EPSRC’s response to the outcomes of COP26 and how EPSRC-supported research and innovation can substantially contribute to net zero solutions.
One of the main activities taking place will be a physical showcase taking place between 21 and 23 June in the Advanced Research Centre at the University of Glasgow. Current EPSRC award holders are invited to express an interest to host an exhibition stand at this event. In addition, expressions of interest may be submitted to host a virtual event that will be featured on the engineering net zero virtual event platform.
Applicants may also express an interest to submit an entry to the engineering net zero photography competition. Entrants will have the opportunity to showcase their photos, support excellence and promote the benefits of outstanding UK engineering and physical sciences. The total prize fund for this competition is £1,750. The winner of each category will receive a £250 voucher and runners up for second and third in each category will receive a £50 voucher.
Interested applicants may register to attend the event by the 16 May 2022 deadline.
(This report was the subject of a ResearchConnect Newsflash.)