EPSRC Decarbonising Transport Through Electrification Network+ Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) CallClosing Date: 17/01/2022
Funding from the EPSRC Decarbonising Transport Through Electrification Network+ to support activities that create more equal, diversified and inclusive research environments in academia, industry and policy domestically or internationally.
The Decarbonising Transport through Electrification (DTE) Network+ is a £1 million Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) funded multidisciplinary project addressing the challenges of implementing an electrified, cost-effective and holistically operating transport sector for the UK.
DTE Network+ has launched this call to support activities that create more equal, diversified and inclusive (EDI) research environments in academia, industry and policy domestically or internationally.
A non-exhaustive list of example topics that could be supported include the following:
- Promoting EDI in leading research projects on transport decarbonisation.
- Addressing the benefits in research on transport decarbonisation if diversity and inclusion was the norm.
- Enabling unusual and creative solutions to problems encountered by early career researchers (ECRs) from a diverse background in leading research projects in the area of transport decarbonisation.
- Identifying similarities and differences of EDI issues in the academic and non-academic sectors with reference to transport decarbonisation research.
- Activities which aim to eliminate discrimination and advance equality by improving outcomes and access for people to transport decarbonisation research.
- Challenging gender stereotyping in transport decarbonisation research.
Each project is expected to produce a tangible piece of work that would deliver specific outputs to enhance the DTE Network+ goals and lead to further deliverables such as collaborative proposals to the EPSRC, Innovate UK and other funders.
Applications addressing EDI challenges related to the medium and long term goals set out in DTE Network+ framework document are particularly encouraged.
|Funding body||Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)|
|Category||Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Fund or call||Fund|