British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG) Academic Awards – 2023 Application Round Now Open
This award scheme supports women students in (or going into) their third year of doctoral studies (or part time equivalent) at universities in England, Wales or Scotland.
The British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG) was established in 1907 and aims to support women studying in higher education, to advance their work and create opportunities for career development.
BFWG’s Academic Awards fund outstanding women PhD students in (or going into) their third year (or part time equivalent) who are studying at British higher education institutions. Funds are awarded on the basis of overall academic excellence.
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Be working towards a research or professional doctorate.
- Be registered at a university in England, Wales or Scotland (not Northern Ireland).
- Be resident (at least temporarily) in England, Wales or Scotland.
- Have an expectation of thesis submission between March 2024 and February 2025 (if a full time student) or between March 2024 and February 2026 (if a part time student).
- Be confident of registration for academic year 2023/24 (ie the fees for the year commencing October 2023 have been paid, or waived by the university).
Awards upwards of £1,000 can be made with the average award being around £3,000 and the maximum being £6,000. The number of awards made each year depends on the funds available and on the quality of the applications, but 5-8 awards are usually given.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 3 March 2023 (17:00).
(This report was the subject of a RESEARCHconnect Newsflash.)