Breast Cancer Now PhD Studentships
Closing Date: 25/05/2022
Funding for three to four-year PhD programmes in the UK and Ireland to encourage new and highly qualified science graduates to pursue a career in breast cancer research.
Breast Cancer Now is a charitable organisation set up in 1988 with the objective of researching a cure for breast cancer. It works to be a leading specialist in breast cancer research across the UK and Ireland, making a significant impact on breast cancer for the benefit of patients.
Breast Cancer Now runs PhD Studentships to encourage new and highly qualified science graduates to pursue a career in breast cancer research. The awards are designed to improve scientific understanding and expertise in breast cancer research.
Applicants should have conducted independent research in the field of breast cancer or be an experienced researcher in a related field, and should wish to build on their history and reputation in the breast cancer area, deepening their knowledge and experience.
Applicants should indicate how their proposal meets one or more of Breast Cancer Now’s key strategic objectives as outlined in its strategy:
- Improving treatments, care and services for those affected by secondary breast cancer.
- Improving support for the physical and mental health, and the emotional wellbeing of people affected by breast cancer.
- Developing kinder, smarter treatments for people with breast cancer and improving access to treatments for those affected.
- Improving detection and diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Furthering understanding of why breast cancer occurs and spreads and using current knowledge to help prevent breast cancer developing.
PhD grant awards can be for three or four-year studentships. Applications will be considered for students undertaking a part-time PhD to facilitate flexible working arrangements.
|Funding body||Breast Cancer Now|
|Fund or call||Fund|