Water4All European Partnership
Closing Date: –
European Co-funded Partnership proposing a portfolio of multi-national, multi-faceted and cross-sectoral approaches, encompassing policy, environmental, economic, technological and societal considerations to enable water security for all in the long term.
The European Partnership Water Security for the Planet (Water4All) is one of the new co-funded partnerships under Horizon Europe. It is one of eight future European partnerships with centre of gravity within Cluster 6 of Pillar II (Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment). The partnership was co-proposed by the European Water platforms (Water JPI, Water Europe, EUREAU, Aqua Publica Europea, EURAQUA, European Water Alliance and WaterCampus Leeuwarden). It will be based on a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA), shared between the partners involved in Water4All and the relevant stakeholders.
In support of the European Green Deal and EU water-related policies, the main objective of Water4All is to enable water security for all on the long term, by boosting systemic transformations and changes across the water-research innovation pipeline, fostering the matchmaking between problem owners and solution providers. The partnership proposes a portfolio of multi-national, multi-faceted and cross-sectoral approach, encompassing policy, environmental, economic, technological and societal considerations.
By 2030, it intends to achieve reduced water stress, increased protection of water resources and ecosystems and enhanced resilience, mitigation and adaptation of water systems to global changes.
Water4All is organised across the following non-exclusive operational pillars:
- Pillar A – Ensure coordination and alignment of EU/National/regional programmes and continuum in actions from Research & Innovation to implementation
- Pillar B – provide new knowledge and innovative solutions at the relevant scales of implementation from local to regional and global
- Pillar C – foster the uptake of Research & Innovation (R&I) results by engaging industry, users and policy makers while developing skills and capacity building at EU and international scale
- Pillar D – Demonstrating the efficiency of innovation solutions and leveraging with ‘downstream’ funding programmes (equipment investments, demonstration ) by replication
- Pillar E – Attracting new partners for creating the necessary critical mass required by global water security challenges and developing innovation cooperation tools
The objectives presented by Water4All are:
- To provide solutions to the current and increasing water crisis in the context of the Green Deal and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To strengthen scientific evidence for new policies or update existing ones.
- Supporting efficient collaboration and integration of EU, MS and international R&I activities in a multi-actors innovative approach.
- Increase implementation of solutions and therefore global impacts.
The Water4All Partnership will address freshwater security challenges in:
- Inland surface waters: rivers, streams, lakes, wetlands.
- Transitional and coastal waters (hyporheic zone, estuaries, coastal lagoons).
- Underground water, including the vadose groundwater zone and the saturated zone (capillary fringe, plus ground water).
Water4All adopts a systemic approach from source to sea, and therefore considers all kinds of territories crossed by freshwater streams : urban areas as well as rural areas.
The partnership will deploy a broad range of activities along the whole R&I chain of values including joint Calls, as well as joint activities beyond calls designed to achieve the proposed objectives.
|Funding body||European Commission|
|Fund or call||Fund|