UK Carbon Capture Storage Research Centre Flexible Fund
Closing Date: 12/07/2022
Funding from the EPSRC UKCCSRC to support CCS research projects that contribute to the UK Government’s net-zero objectives.
The UK Carbon Capture Storage Research Centre (UKCCSRC) is supported by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) through the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Energy Theme.
UKCCSRC operates a flexible fund to support CCS research projects that contribute to the UK Government’s net-zero objectives. Examples of areas that can be addressed include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the Government’s net-zero objectives and the British Energy Security Strategy.
- Address CCUS challenges raised in the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report.
- Research linked to the priorities identified in the UKCCSRC industry and policy led ‘what are our research needs’ workshops.
- Areas of research outside of the scope of the Industrial Decarbonisation Research and Innovation Centre, IDRIC.
- Seed funding for a piece of work that could lead to responsive mode applications.
- Industrial capture and sources of CO2 that minimise competing for fossil fuels including BECCS, DACCS, Energy from waste and sustainable aviation fuels.
- CCUS projects that address and consider the longevity of utilisation.
- Work that can be used (eg a feasibility study) to establish a principle/understand the challenges for a larger bid to other sources of CCS funding later (noting that bid preparation itself cannot be funded).
All applications will also be expected to show active engagement with industry or other research users, where relevant.
Grants will be expected to last between three and nine months. Projects should start no later than 1 October 2022 and finish no later than 31 March 2023.
|Funding body||Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)|
|Category||Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Fund or call||Fund|