The Climate Connection – COP26 Higher Education Roundtable Series: MENA Higher Education Roundtable Call for Delivery PartnersClosing Date: 05/09/2021
Funding available for a UK delivery partner to organise a virtual higher education roundtable discussion, focussing on the theme of food and water security in the Middle East and North Africa region.
In the lead up to the COP26 summit in November, the British Council is running a global cultural relations programme and campaign called ‘The Climate Connection ’ to address the challenge of climate change. As part of this programme they will present a series of roundtable discussions exploring the role of the higher education sector and the contribution it is making to the fight against climate crisis.
The Climate Connection – COP26 higher education roundtable series aims to engage with current debates in higher education around sustainability, climate security and other themes pertinent to COP26.
This call is for a delivery partner to organise a virtual 1.5 hour Higher Education roundtable focused on the theme of food and water security in MENA (Middle East and North Africa) which will be delivered in mid- October 2021 in the lead up to the COP 26.
The roundtable will examine the contribution the Higher Education sector is making to the climate debate, and what institutions can do to address the climate crisis through academic research which leads to innovations and by engaging with policy makers to support the process of evidence-based policymaking.
The roundtable discussion will lead to a series of recommendations to help mitigate the impact of climate change on food and water security.
Through the roundtable applicants shall seek to:
- Engage Higher Education leaders and other key stakeholders from the UK with their peers in MENA with focus on Egypt, in a roundtable discussion about shared key challenges, to share experience and learning as well as to build trust and mutual understanding
- Engage and include the next generation of Higher Education leaders, climate researchers and climate leaders in the dialogue, so that their voices are heard by the current leaders who are having to make momentous decisions which will impact the lives of generations to come
- Develop enhanced understanding among current leaders about the concerns and anxieties of the next generation about the impact of climate change and how Higher Education Institutes should address it
- A series of recommendations of actions that need to be taken to help mitigate its impact on climate change especially in relation to water and food security in MENA
- Build mutually beneficial connections between the UK and MENA/Egypt Higher Education sectors.
|Funding body||British Council|
|Category||Biotechnology and Biology
|Fund or call||Fund|