Funding is available to support research projects relating to the role and place of women in the exact and natural sciences.
The Université PSL was created in 2011 and it covers the fields of science, humanities and social science, art and engineering. PSL is composed of nine institutions: Conservatoire National Supérieur d’Art dramatique, École nationale des chartes, École nationale supérieure de Chimie de Paris, École nationale supérieure des Mines de Paris, École normale supérieure, École Pratique des Hautes Études, ESPCI Paris, Observatoire de Paris and the Université Paris-Dauphine.
In 2021, the Women and Science Chair of the University of Paris Dauphine-PSL is launching its third call for research projects. The call is aimed at the entire academic community and does not have any restrictions related to discipline or methodology.
The Chair Committee has identified the following themes as priority areas:
- The impact of not taking sex and gender into account when conducting scientific studies.
- The impact of the absence or under-representation of women in scientific sectors on the quality of research and the direction taken.
- Career trajectories, intra and inter-company career and salary gaps by sector (eg medicine, data analysis, artificial intelligence, industry etc).
- Supply and demand for scientific courses.
- Evaluation of public policies or experiences and international comparisons.
- The determinants of the lower representation of women in scientific careers:
- The impact of the social and family circles/environment: social representations and prejudices, influence of parents and teachers, role of men, views on the place of women in science, perspectives of male scientists on gender equality in their profession, family life choices.
- The links between the choice of courses and school performance
- Self-confidence, risk aversion and decision-making.
- The identification of failure/dropout areas.
Particular interest will be given to projects involving researchers from different disciplines and/or involving international analysis and comparisons.