Grants for innovative research in various research fields of future importance.
Merck is the biopharmaceutical division of the German company Merck KGaA. Merck discovers, develops, manufactures and markets prescription medicines of both chemical and biological origin in specialist indications to help patients with cancer, multiple sclerosis, infertility, endocrine and metabolic disorders as well as cardiovascular diseases.
Merck aims to create new sustainable partnerships with leading global science and technology players to work on breakthrough science and to generate valuable seeds for future business. The 2021 series of research grants stimulate innovative research in the following areas:
- Drug Discovery: Next game-changing technology/molecule to cure cancer or autoimmune disease
- Real time testing and sensors: State-of-the-art of in-line or at-line monitoring during the production of biopharmaceuticals
- Nanoparticle for nucleic acid delivery: Novel, inventive delivery vehicles, formulations, routes of delivery, targeting strategies, considering manufacturing and stability
- Digital Innovation: Digital pathology image analysis, Single-Cell RNASeq analysis pipelines and AI-driven solutions using research and clinical data
- Bioelectronics: Novel solutions and biosensor technologies for remote patient monitoring in chronic inflammatory disorders
- Sustainability: New sustainable products, technologies, sources, processes, business models
- Media recycling for cultured meat: Conceptual designs, deployment strategies and equipment for low cost and efficient systems
- Organoids: 3D cell culture solutions with focus on pre-clinical drug discovery and personalised medicine