IACCP Spark GrantsClosing Date: 01/03/2022
Small grants to support cross-cultural researchers at all levels.
The International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP) is an international non-profit organisation that was founded in 1972. Its mission is to facilitate communication among persons interested in a diverse range of issues involving the intersection of culture and psychology. IACCP is affiliated with the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS).
The IACCP Spark Grants are aimed at supporting activities that will enhance the visibility of IACCP and cross-cultural psychology, and:
- Spark awareness and interest in cross-cultural psychology (among academics, practitioners, the community).
- Build local capacity and access to resources for conducting cross-cultural research.
- Spark networking among cross-cultural psychologists across or within regions.
Preference will be given to projects across a range of regions, and those that benefit participants in economically developing countries (World Bank classification of low to upper-middle income economies).
Funding is available for the following types of projects:
- SG1 – Connection: small group meetings (can include travel costs) with various purposes:
- Connecting practice and theory (eg working with practitioners for evidence-based interventions on local/regional/national/international levels; connecting local communities of researchers with NGOs and policy makers).
- Academic meetings, within or across regions.
- SG2 – Awareness: activities that spread interest and awareness of cross-cultural psychology, such as:
- Online informal dissemination or community building.
- Activities supporting knowledge transfer to the community.
- Other activities that encourage and highlight the importance of cross-cultural psychology topics.
- SG3 – Research capacity and dissemination funding, for instance software licenses, translation and language editing, etc.
- SG4 – Education: workshop organisation (eg inviting experts to give publication, methods or stats workshops to build skills, language workshops/training) (can include travel costs, honoraria, etc.).
|Funding body||International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)|
|Maximum value||1,000 USD|
|Category||Arts and Humanities
Economic and Social Research
|Fund or call||Fund|