ESRC – Analyse the Probation and Criminal Justice System Linked Dataset
Closing Date: 12/05/2022
Funding available to analyse the new probation and criminal justice system linked dataset.
ESRC are looking for fellowship proposals that meet the following three objectives:
- Useful research: proposals that will act as ‘pathfinders’ for conducting research and deriving insights from the dataset, and which showcase the potential for policy impact and public benefit
- Useful data: proposals that will develop the data as a useful research resource for future users
- Useful engagement: proposals that will foster opportunities between academia, government, the third sector and the public to allow fresh thinking to flourish and maintain public acceptance of the use of data for research purposes.
Research topics that applicants could develop include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Protect the public from harm
- Custody and custodial arrangements
- Reduce rates of reoffending and improve life chances.
Please note that priority will be given to proposals that use all the linked datasets, that is, prisons, probation and Crown Court.
ESRC expects applicants to consider the potential scientific, societal and economic impacts of their research. Relevant outputs, a dissemination plan and clear communication of the impact of the research will be key criteria for most of the peer review and assessment processes.
|Funding body||Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)|
|Category||Economic and Social Research|
|Fund or call||Fund|