EPSRC/NERC Quantum Sensing for Environmental Sciences
Closing Date: 04/10/2022
Funding from EPSRC and NERC for projects that will explore the potential for quantum sensing to transform one or more areas of environmental science.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) are providing funding to explore the potential for quantum sensing to transform multiple areas of environmental science.
The investment is intended to accelerate uptake of quantum sensors to serve environmental science, developing world-leading capabilities in the UK. The funders are specifically looking to:
- Increase collaboration between environmental scientists, quantum scientists and engineers.
- Explore the potential for quantum sensing to transform multiple areas of environmental science.
- Accelerate uptake of quantum sensing in environmental science applications.
- Be within the remit of the EPSRC quantum technology theme.
- Have a specific focus in quantum sensing being applied to transform one or more areas of environmental science.
- Be from an appropriate multidisciplinary team made up of researchers from both quantum technology and environmental science.
Projects should last between 18 and 36 months, starting by 13 February 2023.