EPSRC Enabling Human Centred Decision Making through Data Visualisation
Closing Date: 08/07/2022
Funding available to support novel research into how interactions with data and visualisations could improve human centred decision making.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is providing funding to enable improved human centred decision making through increased and better interactions with data and visualisations.
It is expected that this funding opportunity will encourage multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research into data mapping and improving visualisations, as well as research into how people interact with data and visualisations, and how improving visualisations and interactions can improve human centred decision making.
In particular, research is welcomed in the following areas:
- Mapping complex data into visualisations.
- Data evaluation methods.
- Human decision making in complex or time constrained environments.
- New display and interaction technology.
- Multisensory and inclusive visualisations.
- Interactions between a human decision maker and data.
- User centred research, including how people interact with data.
- How improved data visualisation could impact society.
Applicants are able to propose research in other areas as long as they can demonstrate novel research into how interactions with data and visualisations could improve human centred decision making.
Research must be within 50% of the EPSRC information and communication technologies theme remit.
Projects should run for a maximum of 36 months.
|Funding body||Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)|
Science and Technology
Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Fund or call||Fund|