Circular Economy Network+ in Transportation Systems – Travel Grants
Closing Date: 11/03/2022
Funding for travel grants to facilitate research and impact that contributes to the development of the Circular Economy transportation network in the UK.
The Circular Economy Network+ in Transportation Systems (CENTS) is a research network for the sustainable transport community, with a focus on the informed design and utilisation of more environmentally friendly, renewable and/or recyclable materials. The CENTS network has received funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to build a community of academic, industry and policy experts to deliver future designs, business models and manufacturing approaches so that emergent transport systems are inherently circular.
CENTS is inviting proposals for travel grants to facilitate research and impact that contributes to the development of the CE transportation network in the UK and addresses one of the following five priority areas:
- Material stocks and flows in transportation – Research into materials (eg industrial/technology metals, plastics, glass etc).
- Whole life design – Research encompassing end-of-Life recycling, reuse and recovery processes.
- Circular Economy Decisions – Research to understand and strategise social, economic, political, financial and logistical barriers to make improved Circular Economy decisions.
- Circular Economy Transitions – Research to enhance the delivery of Circular Economy at a sector level, using coordinated action by separate economic and civil entities.
- Digital Circularity – Research on the potential roles of data in the Circular Economy (eg Big Data, Blockchain technologies connecting transport supply chains, building trust and facilitating data exchange).
Research/activities that engage with public bodies, incorporate current practice, and will push forward ideas from industry are especially encouraged.
Travel must be completed by 30 September 2022.
|Funding body||Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)|
|Category||Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Fund or call||Fund|