China UK One Health Research for Epidemic Preparedness and AMR
Closing Date: 11/05/2023
A China-UK Flagship Challenge funding opportunity to support China-UK research teams in the field of One Health research for epidemic preparedness and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The Medical Research Council (MRC), Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) are providing funding in partnership with the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China (MoST) as part of a China-UK Flagship Challenge funding opportunity. The grant will support China-UK research teams in the field of One Health research for epidemic preparedness and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The initiative builds on previous engagement between the UK and China and represents the third flagship challenge between the two countries to work together to enrich the science and innovation collaboration between their research communities.
The shared aims of the scheme are to:
- Provide funding for bilateral collaborative projects focused on addressing the challenge of AMR and infectious pathogens with epidemic potential.
- Enhance existing and develop new partnerships between the UK and China.
- Support the mobility and exchange of UK and China researchers between the two countries, to enhance long-term links and relationships between researchers in both countries.
- Strengthen the strategic relationship between the UK and China.
The intention is to support a range of projects across the following three areas:
- Study of infectious disease pathogens with epidemic potential.
- Mechanisms of pathogen resistance from generation to evolution.
- Identifying the drivers of multi-resistant pathogens.
The UK component of the grant must start by 7 February 2024. MRC will provide matched funding and bilateral support with MoST for three years.
|Funding body||Medical Research Council (MRC)|
Biotechnology and Biology
|Fund or call||Fund|