Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (2021-2027)
Closing Date: 19/05/2022
This fund focuses on people flows and the integrated management of migration. It supports actions addressing all aspects of migration, including asylum, legal migration, integration and the return of irregularly staying non-EU nationals.
The overall objective of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) is to contribute to the efficient management of migration flows and to the implementation, strengthening and development of the common policy on asylum and the common immigration policy.
AMIF aims to further boost national capacities and improve procedures for migration management, as well as to enhance solidarity and responsibility sharing between Member States, in particular through emergency assistance and the relocation mechanism.
It will specifically contribute to the achievement of four specific objectives:
- Strengthening and developing all aspects of the common European asylum system, including its external dimension.
- Supporting legal migration to the Member States, including by contributing to the integration of third-country nationals.
- Contributing to countering irregular migration and ensuring effectiveness of return and readmission in third countries.
- Enhancing solidarity and responsibility sharing between the Member States, in particular towards those most affected by migration and asylum challenges.
Actions funded through AMIF can include a wide range of initiatives, such as:
- Ensuring a uniform application of the EU ‘acquis’ (common set of rules) and priorities related to the Common European Asylum System, legal migration and return.
- Providing support and services consistent with the status and the needs of the person concerned, in particular vulnerable groups.
- Supporting resettlement, humanitarian admission and transfers of applicants for and beneficiaries of international protection.
- Supporting the development and implementation of policies promoting legal migration, such as the development of mobility schemes to the EU and raising awareness of the appropriate legal channels for immigration.
- Supporting integration measures tailored to the needs of third-country nationals and early integration programmes focusing on education, language and other training (such as civic orientation courses and professional guidance) to prepare their active participation in and their acceptance by the receiving society.
- Supporting infrastructures for the reception of third country nationals, including the possible joint use of such facilities by more than one Member State.
- Supporting an integrated and coordinated approach to return management at the EU and Member States’ level, development of capacities for effective and sustainable return and reducing incentives for irregular migration.
- Supporting assisted voluntary return and reintegration.
- Cooperating with third countries on asylum, legal migration and countering irregular migration and on effective return and readmission for the purpose of managing migration.
Union Actions comprise Calls for Proposals, procurement, direct awards and delegation agreements.
|Funding body||European Commission|
|Category||Economic and Social Research|
|Fund or call||Fund|