AACR-Novocure Career Development Award for Cancer Research
Closing Date: 30/05/2023
Grants available to promote and support early-career investigators to conduct innovative research focused on Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) in cancer research.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is a large professional organisation dedicated to advancing cancer research. Its mission is to prevent and cure cancer through research, education, communication and collaboration.
The AACR is providing this grant in partnership with commercial oncology company Novocure as part of a joint effort to promote and support early-career investigators to conduct innovative research focused on Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields – intermediate frequency, low intensity, alternating electric fields that disrupt cell division in cancer cells) in cancer research.
The grants are intended to provide a deeper understanding of the mechanisms of action of this novel anti-cancer treatment modality and to accelerate the development of novel treatment strategies to advance therapeutic options for cancer.
Research projects should examine the use of TTFields as a therapeutic modality in cancer. Proposals may include:
- Basic and translational approaches, promoting the transition of in vitro work into in vivo systems;
- Studies that link preclinical and clinical data; or
- Studies with ability to translate into the clinic for the treatment of cancer.
Studies promoting the transition of in vitro work into in vivo systems, combination therapies involving TTFields, or translational projects bringing treatments involving TTFields into the clinic will be prioritised.
Projects focused on one or more of the areas outlined below are strongly encouraged:
- Key cancer-related signalling and cellular pathways.
- Metabolic effects of TTFields.
- Studies that include Omics data (genomics, transcriptomic, proteomics).
- TTFields immunological aspects and the potential combination with immunotherapy.
- Combinational studies with approved agents, preferably to include mechanistic aspects.
|Maximum value||300,000 USD|
Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Fund or call||Fund|